The Dearborn cabin is our basic fully finished cabin.
The Dearborn is our most basic cabin. The Dearborn is an excellent choice for an economical getaway or hunting cabin. It’s the perfect do-it-yourself project that you can customize to suit your needs. The Dearborn comes fully-insulated, wired, finished with tongue and groove pine on the interior and an 8′ loft in the back. Sizes from 12’x24′ to 16’x54′. (12′, 14′, 16′ widths available).
- 4″x6″ Pressure treated base skids for foundation support (Cabins over 400 sq.ft. require footing).
- 2″x10″ floor joist, 16″ on center, with R-30 minimal insulation.
- 3/4″ tongue & groove OSB sub-floor.
- COREtec® Pro Plus waterproof clip-n-lock luxury vinyl plank flooring.
- Vinyl or clip-n-lock floor in bath.
- 2″x6″ exterior walls with R-21 insulation.
- 4″x4″ Douglas fir rafters (exposed) on 4′ center with sunburst truss design.
- 1″x6″ Knotty pine tongue & groove on ceiling above rafters.
- 2″x8′ Upper rafters 2′ on center with 4″ polyurethane, R-11 fiberglass for total of R-38.
- 7/16″ OSB roof sheeting
- Synthetic roof underlay.
- Painted metal roof (40-year warranty)
- 1″x6″ tongue and groove pine interior with a clear sealer.
- Double pane vinyl windows.
- 7/16″ OSB under siding.
- Standard Siding Options:
- Insulated full light door (with internal blinds).
- PlygGem 200 series windows with Low-E 180 glass (clay color).
- Lofts have 2″x6″ tongue & groove floor, log railing, and ladder.
- Modular / Prefabricated
- Wiring to meet or exceed code.
- State inspection.
Our cabins are built indoors at our facility in Montana. They are delivered ready for use to the customer’s prepared site. See Details
1 We mill our own logs